Disclaimer: I am not a blogging professional; you may find more detailed information elsewhere on the internet such as in the WordPress help pages. However, this seems to work and may serve as a good starting point for you.
Here are the basics of transferring one WordPress blog to another:
- Login to your old dashboard.
- Go to “Tools” in the right hand menu
- Select “Export”
- Here you will be given some options. The easiest thing is to export everything now, including all content, links and attachments.
- Select “Download Export File”. It may take a few minutes to download.
- Go to your new dashboard
- Under “Tools” select “Import”. Choose the file that you have just downloaded from your previous site.
- Again, the simplest thing to do is import it all.
- Now you have a bunch of content you can organize (or not). The “Menu” function in your dashboard makes this really easy, you could play around with adding/removing categories depending on what you want your readers to see.
- Images such as photos and headers that you used on your last site should be stored in your media library. However, you will probably have to set up your widgets from scratch if you used them.